Thursday 4 August 2011

FU Rpg

I was trying yet again to wrap my head around Heroquest 2 just last week. Love the concepts, reaally want to grok it, but then i look at PDQ and Risus, and ask myself: why bother? Heroquest 2 is definetly not K.I.S.S. friendly.

On the other hand, while i did not grasp the whole of Heroquest, it really helped me in understanding conflict resolution as opposed to task resolution. I want to try the former in my games but the aforementioned PDQ & Risus seem more slanted towards the latter.

Hmm.. should i mod them to try conflict res? Risus can do it anyway, with a little work.

Enter FU, a narrative gem by Nathan Russel, i discovered but recently while browsing RPGnet.

Learn more about, and download a free! pdf of the game at PerilPlanet.

In my next post i will write out a Fu Hack and post a completed character.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone raved about Heroquest 2 and I bought it. After reading it I could not even figure out how to play it. FU is the best RPG I have ever wanted. RISUS and PDQ a close second.

    ReplyDelete